TripField was born from the hands of Flatfoot Sam, and throughout his time as an artist, he has been working tirelessly to ensure that each song he creates provides a raw and deep connection to each of his listeners. With a sound like no other, Flatfoot Sam continues to demonstrate his raw understanding and propensity for the production of powerful and entrancing electronic music. Check him out now!
- Hey Flatfoot Sam, are you excited for the new year?
Oh yeah, of course. 2021 has been a great year for me musically, but otherwise… a bit pants for the world. I have real hope that 2022 can be a solid year of recovery for everyone.
- Favorite release on the album?
- How long has this album been in the works?
Just over a year – I started in July 2020.
- Describe the thought process behind R3LEASE?
I remember wanting to make something a bit edgy having written some slower more chilled things. I remember doing a cool chord progression and then layering an old ravey sounding piano over the bassline and finding those cool vocals and working with them a bit and it all stating to come together. The I wrote the riff and it all came together. Late night session with Peroni as I recall..
- What artists do you have your eye on at the moment?
Be Svendsen’s production is intriguing and cool. Wood is brilliant too. Check out his track IRs13.
- Talk us through your creative process in the studio?
My creative process varies depending on mood. Often, I start with a chord progression and see where it takes me, sometimes some chunky beats start the ball rolling. Other times I hear a riff in my head or I go crate digging for samples and the samples stimulate an idea.
- What was the first genre of music you fell in love with?
It was hardcore, nice old early 90’s breakbeat bangers.
- Any artists you think will do really well next year?
There’s this up and coming DJ with a brand new style of music called TripField – you gotta check out Flatfoot Sam…
- What do you have planned for the new year?
Some cool TripField collaborations and live vocal mixes for next year.