Following a wealth of critically acclaimed releases on Sirup Music over the past few years, including Don’t Look Back, Symphony, Turn Up and My Religion, prolific Italian hitmaker and internationally celebrated producer Samuele Sartini now makes his eagerly anticipated return to the iconic Swiss imprint, with the announcement of his latest musical creation Medicine.
Teaming up with fellow Italian artist Fedo Mora and the uber-talented vocalist Amanda Wilson – who many will remember from Sardini’s international chart-topping 2010 hit Love You Seek – the formidable threesome come together to unleash a brand new collaboration of epic proportions, and one of our favourite releases of the year so far.
A delectable slice of sun-drenched, uplifting house music, perfectly accented by Amanda’s infectious top-line and the Italians’ consummate production credentials, Medicine is the meeting of three musical masterminds, uniting to deliver what looks set to be one of the songs of the summer.
We sat down with Samuele at his home in Maranello, Italy to discuss the new single, his early roots and plans for the rest of the year.
- Hi Samuele, how are you today?
Hi guys, I’m well! Can’t wait to come back to play music
- Where are you answering this interview from?
At home in Maranello, Italy!
- Can you tell us about yourself and how you got into electronic music?
My father was a musician and it was so natural for me to fall in love with the music scene.
- When did you start producing – and what or who were your early passions and influences?
- I started producing music in 2008 and I had the good fortune of realising a Hit at my first song. “Fly” with the Usa singer Wendy Lewis. My inspiration was the Uk duo Freemasons.
- Do you also DJ?
Sure, I’m working in some of the most important Italian clubs.
- What do you personally consider to be the incisive moments in your artistic career?
When in 2018 Oscar Winning director Clint Eastwood choosed our song “Seek Bromance” as one of the soundtracks in his movie “The 15:17 To Paris”
- Tell us about your new single ‘Medicine’ on Sirup Music.
I love this song! Together with my friend Fedo, we thought we should write a song that was inspired by the 1990s and what better tool like the organ represents that decade!
- What was it like working with Fedo and Amanda? Have you made any records with either of them before?
It was very simple, when you have the opportunity of working with good artists like Federico and Amanda everything becomes natural and fun! I had already worked with Amanda ten years ago in realising the international success ‘Seek Bromance’ with Avicii (Vocals from Samuele Sartini & Amanda Wilson “Love U Seek”).
- Finally, what comes next for Samuele Sartini?
I’m working in the studio with Usa singer Dawn Tallman on a new song called “Galaxy”. Will be released on next autumn. House Music will never died!Follow us on socials