I’m sure that Thomas Gold needs no introduction. Over the past years, the music producer has managed to amaze his fans with his music, performances and the many things he’s done. Recently, he dropped a beautiful track called “Dreamer”, that has achieved a huge success so far and for this occasion, we’ve had the chance to chat a little bit with Thomas. So, if you want to know more about his latest single or his future projects, make sure to check out our interview below!
- Hello, Thomas! How have you been lately?
Thanks, I have been great, I just got back to my hometown Berlin after 1 month of touring all over the world…
2) Let’s begin. You’ve recently dropped a brand new single, „Dreamer”. Can you give us more details about this one?
Yes – ‘Dreamer’ just came out on Armada Records and it is kind of the follow-up single to my recent track ‘Magic’. It is similar in style, with a rather dance-pop approach and very radio-friendly. It features the lovely voice of LA based singer Mimoza and I am really happy about all the great feedback I have been getting so far for it!
3) Typically, how long does it take you to make and perfect a track until you’re ready to release it?
Hard to say, it really depends…sometimes I can write a track in one day and then it takes me 2-4 weeks to produce and craft it. But there are also productions that I can finish within 3 days, but those are rather remixes than my originals. There is no real ‘typical’, it all depends on the vocal/song I am working. Sometimes I get an idea and I can turn it into a production within a very short time, but sometimes it takes me a while and some ‘trial-and-error’ until I have found the right approach…
4) What is the one track that never gets old for you, no matter how many times you hear it?
Oh, there is a bunch of those tracks, but one of them would certainly be Adele’s ‘Set Fire To the Rain’.
5) Also, what would be one album or artist you’re listening to now that people wouldn’t expect?
I am not sure what people would expect me to hear lol. But right now, one of my favourites to listen to is Rag’n Bone Man, amazing voice this guy!!
6) You’ve already performed in a lot of amazing places this year. What was your favorite gig of 2017?
I think this was in Spain, when I played the mainstage at ‘Los Alamos’ Festival…There was a HUGE crowd and the people were incredible! Such a great vibe, I just loved it.
7) Seeing that we only have a few months left until the end of 2017, can you tell us what has been your favorite moment of this year?
Apart from a couple of super nice moments at festivals during this summer season, another memorable moment for me was when my track ’Magic’ hit the 40 million plays mark on Spotify. I have never had such a big number before, so this was a real milestone for me in my career.
8) What else do you have in store for the following months? Anything exciting you’d like to share with our readers?
Of course, there is a lot going on! My next club single is almost finished and I will release it in a few weeks from now. Then, my next dance-pop track is already in progress and will also be out later this year. Apart from those singles, I will be putting out the second part of my album ‘Revelation’ (part 1 came out in march 2017) towards the end of the year. And not to forget – I will continue touring the world! Next up will be a tour in India and then a bunch of shows in Europe, Asia and the US…
9) Thank you for answering our questions!
It was my pleasure!
For more information on Thomas Gold, make sure to follow him on his socials!
Facebook / Twitter / Website / SoundCloud / YouTube