Oliver Heldens needs no introduction. Over the past few years, he has been making waves in the dance music industry, always wowing fans with his productions and his out of this world performances, plus he’s also managed to accomplish many other impressive things. Recently, he dropped a brand new track with Alok, that was really well received by the fans and he’s now getting ready to perform at this year’s edition of Mysteryland, which takes place in the Netherlands on the 25-28 August (tickets are available here).
For this occasion, we’ve had the chance to have a little chat with Oliver and below you can check out our exclusive interview! Enjoy!
1) Hey Oliver! How are you? Where does EDM Nations find you today?
Hey! I’m good thanks. Today I’m in Mallorca, where I will play at the BHM Stage.
2) So, let’s begin. You’ve just released your latest single „Alien Technology” with Alok. Tell us a little bit about this one!
I’m super proud of this HI-LO track, it was amazing to work with Alok! Beginning with an intro that builds the energy in a big way, Alien Technology is built around thumping kicks, sharp hi-hats and an infectious vocal. It’s all about simplicity with a techy edge. I think it fits perfectly on those sultry basement parties where you can dance throughout the night and never get bored.
3) What does this record say about your evolution as an artist?
For me as an artist I think it’s cool that I can now produce music for two alter-ego’s. It gives me so much more musical freedom than to just stick to the typical Oliver Heldens sound. With HI-LO it’s more base-line driven and ‘underground’. And to work together with Alok on the track was great.
4) We’ve seen that you are going to perform at Mysteryland this month? Are you looking forward to play there? What should your fans expect from this show?
Yes I will play the mainstage on Sunday at Mysteryland. Looking forward to that one of course! I can’t give away everything yet, but I got some surprises for you all.
5) So far, which festival has been your absolute favorite to perform at this year?
Oh… That’s a hard question. There are so many crazy festivals out there, where the vibe, crowd, and all are awesome. It’s almost impossible to choose one really, but I loved hosting my own stage at Tomorrowland and Electric Forest.
6) Also, seeing that we only have a few months left until 2017 will end, can you tell us your most memorable moment of this year?
That would be my residency at Hï Ibiza this summer. Playing there every Sunday for 12 weeks was awesome. It was cool working on the shows and I’m proud that I was there at the start of the legendary club, which hopefully will mean a lot to people.
7) What else do you have in store for the following months? Anything exciting you would like to share with our readers?
The end of September I will release a new track. Been working on this one for a long time, and me and my team have a lot of good idea’s to launch this. Can’t wait to share with all of you, so stay tuned!