Last night, the stage at Tomorrowland Unite in Barcelona caught fire while the attendees were watching the live stream of the festival from Belgium. Thousands of people had to be evacuated and as of now, there have been no injuries reported. Tomorrowland has issued a statement on the matter, saying the following:
Tonight, July 29th 2017, the UNITE Barcelona stage caught fire due to a technical malfunction. Thanks to the professional intervention of the authorities all 22.000 visitors were evacuated safely and without reports of injuries. Authorities will follow up and continue the investigation with the local Spanish organizer of UNITE.
You can see below some videos of how it all went down and stay tuned for further info!
— Ale Ayerdi (@AyerdiX) July 29, 2017
— Flaix FM (@flaixfm) July 29, 2017
— JavierSantosPaniego (@JPaniego) July 29, 2017
— Pacocapel|Jaguarpcl (@Jaguarpcl) July 29, 2017
Follow us on socials
Tomorrowland Santa Coloma en Can Zam. pic.twitter.com/3OPxg0YIQS
— Manel Expósito (@m_exposito93) July 29, 2017