Kill The Buzz has been making waves in the electronic music scene for quite some time now. The Breda based producer always impresses fans with his productions, for which he’s so far managed to gain support from some of dance music’s heavyweights, such as Quintino, Hardwell, David Guetta, Sander Van Doorn and many, many more.
Recently, he dropped a massive remix for Rico & Miella’s track “Forever” and for this occasion, we’ve had the chance to have a little chat with him. So, if you’re curious to know more about his rework or his future projects, make sure to check out our exclusive interview below!
1) Hello, Kill The Buzz. How have you been lately?
Hey EDM Nations, I’ve been doing great lately. I spend a lot of time working on new music in the studio and had some crazy shows over the last few months!
2) So, let’s begin. You’ve just released a huge remix for Rico & Miella’s track ‘Forever’. Why did you decide to choose this particular track to put your spin on?
The original was a one of a kind track, Revealed asked me if I wanted to do a remix for it and I immediately said “Yes”. I wanted to do something different and ended up creating a cool bass house vibe track with a touch of Kill The Buzz.
I was playing around with some sounds & melodies and ended up creating an Arabic style melody which fitted the vocals perfectly. Then I wrote new chords for the verses and the rest was all about sound designing and adding the right flavours!
3) Typically, how long does it take you to make and perfect a track/remix until you’re ready to release it?
That depends on the project. It can differ from a week or 2 up to 1 or even 2 years. For example the “Break The House Down” project started just before the I Am Hardwell United we are show in San Francisco in November 2015. It got released in January of 2017. ‘B.A.S.E’ with Maddix started somewhere during the summer of 2016. First premiered during ADE in October of last year. There is even a project which I started early 15 which will be coming out end of the summer. The remix on the other hand took me a week or 2 to finish. So it depends on the size of the project and the creative flow you are in at the moment.
4) Aside from your new music, where are we going to see you perform this summer?
A lot of places! From Vegas for Wet Republic, Hakkasan & Omnia to the Beats for Love Festival in Czech Repbulic, Ultra Europe in Croatia, SunGlam in Suriname and the New Horizons Festival in Germany at the Nurburgring.
5) Since festival season is currently in full swing, we’d like to know one thing. If you could create a festival with 5 artists only, who would you pick?
Hardwell, Martin Garrix, Daft Punk, Axwell & Ingrosso and ofcourse Myself haha!
6) We’re now officially halfway through 2017. What has been the happiest moment for you so far?
My happiest moment was the Race Experience in Formula 3, racing cars at the Nurburgring Circuit this month for New Horizons Festival in August this year in Germany. I am a huge F1 Racing fan and to be able to experience a bit of that sensation while driving a Formula race car was a childs dream come true!
7) Also, tell us which are 5 of your favorite tracks that were released this year?
1. Sandro Silva & Badd Dimes feat. F1rstman – That Girl
2. Armin van Buuren – Sunny Days
3. Tom Swoon, Teamworx – ATOM
4. KURA & Syzz – Calcutta
5. Afrojack, David Guetta – Another Life feat. Ester Dean
8) Aside from having a pretty busy summer, what else do you have in store for the rest of the year?
There’s a lot of new music lined up to be released in the coming months!
9) We have one final question for you. If you were forced to listen to one band/DJ/musician for the rest of your life, who would it be and why?
Alicia Keys. Been a huge fan of her music since I was young and she and John Legend were always an inspiration for me as a young piano player.