Over the last few years, Thomas Newson has definitely managed to make sizeable waves throughout the dance music community. With a seemingly unstoppable run of strong releases, spectacular live shows and major label ventures under his belt, Thomas Newson remains the unprecedented success story of recent memory, having experienced a massive spike of interest in 2014 and built momentum ever since.
With the support of artists such as Hardwell, Avicii, Tiësto, W&W and Afrojack amongst others, Newson undoubtedly has the potential to be the heir to Holland’s big room throne. We’ve recently had the chance to have a little chat with Thomas, so if you want to know more about him, then check out our exclusive interview below!
1) Hello, Thomas. How are you?
Heeyyy, good thanks! Working in the studio on new music.
2) Let’s begin. You’ve just released a brand new single ‘Be With You’. Can you tell us what was your inspiration for this one and how long have you been working on it?
Alex Joseph sent me the vocal with some music parts he made and I built the whole track around it. It took me about a couple of weeks / 1 month to finish the track. I wanted to make something I can play in my sets and also listen to at home or when you’re on the road driving to work or whatever haha!
3) Music-wise, what’s coming next for you after the release of ‘Be With You’?
Finishing a follow up for ‘Be With You’!
4) We’ve seen that you will be performing at Tomorrowland this year. What should your fans expect from this performance?
5) Where else are we going to see you perform this summer?
Some Dutch festivals, club shows in Asia and other places, America is coming, and a lot more!
6) We’re curious to know. Ever since you started, can you tell us which has been the most standout moment of your career, as well as the most disappointing moment?
The bus tour I did with Hardwell in 2016 was definitely the most standout thing for my career! Also playing at Tomorrowland for the 4th time in a row is also a great thing for me!
7) We know that you are a pretty busy person, but how do you like to spend your free time?
Playing video games, going out with friends or just chilling with friends haha
8) Do you have anything else you would like to share with our readers?
Thank you so much for all the support!! There’s new music on the way!